Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Book Review "Judo with words: An Intelligent Way to Counter Verbal Attacks"-1


It has been a while since I picked up a book and read last time.  I reviewed several books August - September last year.  Those were Japanese books and mostly stories, though some were based on historical facts.  Since we moved to Hayward, we have been busy and have not really felt like reading.  In San Mate, where they had very good library of Japanese and Chinese Books, we used to go to the library 2-3 times a week.  I also like book shops.  But, again, I have not felt like reading.

It was last week when I needed to go to west side of San Francisco Bay, I had about an hour to start to move to the next place.  So, I decided to go to the Library.  This book was in Japanese.  It immediately drew my attention.  The book's title was interesting.

It is "Judo with words: An Intelligent Way to Counter Verbal Attacks" by Barbara Berkham.  The author is a Psycho Therapist in Germany.  She learned Japanese Martial Arts "Judo - Aikido" and took analogical explanation on how to cope with Verbal Attacks.  Her view is that the method to cope with Verbal Attack is nothing different from coping against physical attack.

I usually do not touch "Know-how" type of book, but this time I am glad that I borrowed the book from the library.  I have been looking for a book talking about a way to build psychological strength.  She says even if one wanted to pick up a fight, the other did not take on the fight, it does not become a fight.  I think this is true to some extent.  It is relatively easy to catch a dog who tries to fight against you, but it is almost impossible to catch a dog who is running around and away.

Please also take a look at my Traffic Solution, which is now a part of my Internet Business Toolbox.
http://thetrafficsolution.com/aff/1206

Click here to get The Traffic Solution

Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/me
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi


Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link


Stumble Upon Toolbar

Emotional IQ - Martial Arts Training Helps

No comments: