Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Nature's Nice Surprises


It has been a year almost since we started to live in this house.  We love this area and we love this home.  The longer we live the more we have some discoveries and started to love more.  Especially, I have not paid any attention to nature before living in Tokyo or even in West Coast whereas we had always lived in Apartment.

I thought, first off, it is a kind of troublesome to give water to plants and flowers almost everyday.  But, becoming warmer and we have had a lot of nice surprises.  We were first surprised at the number of snails in front and back yards.  Since we thought they are harmless, we left them alone.  Soon they started to fill the part of yard at night.  Somebody told my wife that snails will eat leaves of the vegetables and fruits frees she planted.  She started to pick them and through them away to the part nearby.  We noticed that there are spray to get rid of them.  But my wife and I did not feel like killing them, so my wife continued to do all the picks.  I wanted to take a picture of them, but we could not find any big one or the ones so many gathered.  My wife's effort to escape them might have been effective.

We have done some works on our front and back yards.  Planted some fruit trees and took away many weeds.  But, this spring, here comes roses from nowhere and started to open flowers.  Here is a picture.

We planted roses in front yard, but never planted them in our back.  So, these must be left over from our previous residents.  I have heard that roses survivability is very high they stay underground 2-3 years, and when they get water, nutrition, refreshed soil, they started to grow again.  My wife and I now believe that since we eye-witnessed that.



There are other roses growing about 5 feet from the above picture roses.  This was surrounded by Mints.  This is interesting because it looks really like mint opened rose flowers.  The color of roses being same, these must have been previous residents left over, too.  Even the mint we had last year, but we did not expect these mints will grow this much.  It was surprise because there is no trace of roses last year and during winter.  We felt the wonder of nature in our back yard.



This is Blueberry we planted.  After white cute flowers, they started to grow Blueberries finally.  Soon we would be able to enjoy fresh berries.










Please also take a look at my Traffic Solution, which is now a part of my Internet Business Toolbox.
http://thetrafficsolution.com/aff/1206

Click here to get The Traffic Solution

Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/me
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi


Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link


Stumble Upon Toolbar

Emotional IQ - Martial Arts Training Helps

3 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shaw .. good to see garden developing & you learning a little about gardening .. it's lovely seeing your own flowers and your own fruit - & vegetables?

Have a good weekend - Hilary

Unknown said...

Hello Hilary,

Welcome back! I missed you. Thank you for your comment. It is fun to see our garden develops even not in the way we planned. We have some vegetables such as cabbages, broccoli, cauliflower, tomatoes, etc..

I am impressed by your post of South Africa. I would love to visit there some time, by the way.

Thank you for your comment, again!
See you later.

Have a nice weekend,
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Dear 財榮,

Thank you for your comment.

Best regards,
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link