Thursday, June 28, 2012

Writing Articles in Nonnative Language



What would be the most difficult part in learning a nonnative language? Is it fluency in speaking? It is difficult for a nonnative to keep up with native speed of speaking. It is not easy to catch the contents of conversations in native pronunciation. How about writing? Are you confident in writing in the appropriate language with correct composition? As one's language study progresses, the difficulty changes. As a nonnative writer and speaker of English, I always had a problem in writing.

You can speak as you wish. Even if you make a mistake, it is okay as long as you could make yourself understood. Writing is different. Your mistakes would stay there and keep you embarrassed on the mistakes you made. I did not like writing because of this reason. I did not like reading whatever I wrote in English, because it would embarrass me later. I did not like even proofreading my own writing, because either the contents or the English would bother me.

However, I discovered that writing is the most effective way to push up your language level to a higher stage. Native speakers would not correct your English in a conversation, as long as they understood you. You might end up making same mistakes for a long time without being corrected. Instead, you can ask your native friends or colleagues to proofread your English. Thus, you could clearly know the mistakes you made. You would be given an opportunity to correct the mistakes you made, possibly forever.

You would not be able to brush up your language skills without trying. Many people are afraid of trying because they are afraid of failing. You need to go over this barrier, first. It would help if you expected to fail. Failing is one of the learning processes. Therefore, you do not have to be afraid of or embarrassed by failing. It is natural. It is not only you who makes a mistake. Everybody does.

I describe the sequence as follows:

T: Trial

F: Failure

C: Challenge (Continue Trying)

P: Progress (Make Progress)

Blogs are popular these days. I do not recommend blogs for language improvement. Nobody will comment on your language in your blog. It is rude. Nobody will comment on your language.

I recommend using article writing and submitting sites, such as "EzineArticles.com". What is the most important part is that they have an approval process. Your articles could be approved and posted or rejected and sent back for corrections. Thus the author must be serious to use proper English to have their articles approved. There are some websites, which help you to correct your language with reasonable cost.

If you try this way of writing articles in your nonnative language, you would find later that it is not only your writing ability which improves. Your speaking, reading, or even listening capability would be improved, because you are improving your language ability as a whole, in this way.



Read this Article in EzineArticles.com:

http://EzineArticles.com/5710662




It's NEW!  It's exciting!!  It brings you the result!!!  Web Traffic Toolbox!!!

http://webtraffictoolbox.com/





Check my websites to find out what I am doing:


http://vur.me/shawfunami/me

http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi




Feel free to contact me:

shaw@zhenintl.ws

Shaw Funami

Fill the Missing Link





Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your site ate my first comment (it was super long) so
I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any points for first-time blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.
Check out my webpage Phlebotomy Resources For Training

Lois said...

I am writing articles right now. I really like do them. Articles need alot of content. You can usually find it on the internet. Great post. Lots of information. For more tips go to my site.