Saturday, February 13, 2010

Spring is approaching slowly but steadily


I am hearing that this winter was very severe in all over the world.  Japan had extremely cold winter in relatively warm places like Tokyo.  My wife's friend is "Cold Season Person" complaining that this winter was TOO cold.

But spring is gradually slowly but steadily coming.  I wanted to share some spring's I found around my family.

When we moved in, we did not know this is Cherry Tree.  It shows when flowers blooming.








This is plum tree.  It was full of plums when we first took a look at this house.  I hope it will give lots of plums this year, too.
These lovely flowers closes when dark, cold, or clouded.  They open when it starts to sun shine.







This is blueberry tree we bought last year.  I hope it will give a lot of fruit this summer.








One more cherry tree.  Birds are eating flowers and throwing them away to ground.  So, we are not sure we will be able to enjoy full bloom.  But, there is no way to stop birds to do so.  Nature will take care of it.  And there is nothing else my wife and I accept it.




Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/me
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi


Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link


Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shaw - it's still cold here and we had 7 inches (18cm) of snow on Thursday .. mostly gone now.

However they do say that Spring is 11 days earlier than it was 30 years ago .. so at the moment it is positively freezing! The bulbs are coming up and I'm sure the trees and shrubs are thinking about popping out ..

I could do with Spring being here - I'm fed up with the cold.

Lovely pictures .. Hilary

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Hello Shaw,

Those are lovely photos of spring. It will be nice to see spring. Have a great day.

Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Unknown said...

Hi Hilary,

I remember that I had heavy snow in Northern area of Japan where my parent is originally from. I had big snow in New York 1985.

I wanted you to taste a little bit of spring beforehand.

Thank you for your comment.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Hello Dan and Deanna,

Thank you for your coming and appreciate your comment.

As you are still in the mid winter, I wanted you to realize that the spring is around the corner.

Thanks, again.

Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link