Tuesday, April 28, 2009

10 Promises To My Dog

Xue Er (Snowy) is our first dog as explained in my article before. She is giving us hard time adjusting with her and lots of enjoyment at the same time. Life is interesting in some way. When we pay attention to our puppy, Xue Er, we start to come across lots of dog thing. There are some important change of our lives, which we believe Xue Er gave to us, but I will write about it when it was all done. Today, I wanted to share a Japanese movie which made us cry. Its title is "10 promises to my dog". Opening of the movie already caught my eyes and ears, it said.

"God created human beings. Next day, God found they are so vulnerable. So, He decided give them dogs."

YouTube Link is below. Seeing is believing.



The movie released in Japanese Theaters in March, 2008. This is about relationship between a girl who lost her mother and her dog, golden retriever puppy. The girl's mother before she died taught her girl how to build relationship with her new puppy, "Socks". It is written:

1) Listen patiently to what I have to say.
2) Trust me, for I am always on your side.
3) Play with me a lot.
4) Don’t forget that I have feelings too.
5) Let’s never fight, ‘Cause someday, I’ll be big enough to win.
6) If I don’t obey you, I have a good reason.
7) You have school, and friends. But as for me, I only have you.
8) Stay my best friend even when I’m old.
9) I’ll only live about ten years, so let’s make every moment count.
10) I’ll never forget our life together. So when my time comes, please be by my side.

I can spend whole day explaining this movie, but I recommend you to watch this movie if you are a dog lover. Here is the link:

http://www.nipponcinema.com/db/review/10_promises_to_my_dog/

Wiki has motion picture file:
http://asianmediawiki.com/10_Promises_To_My_Dog

As for Xue Er, my wife and I decided her English name to be "Snowy", instead of "Snow" as my English blog friend called her so. Snowy is growing incredibly fast. She is becoming bigger and bigger, stronger and stronger everyday. Unbelievable. Below is the recent picture we took.

Related posts:
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/04/our-new-family-member.html
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/04/our-new-family-member-xue-er-snow-house.html

Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/main
http://vur.me/shawfunami/SF
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi


Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shaw .. a lovely post .. I love the words at the beginning of the movie .. so appropriate for me at the moment: with my vulnerable mother.

I love the concepts .. all the points are so important .. it's brilliant ..

Thanks so much
Hilary Melton-Butcher
Positive Letters

Unknown said...

Hello Hilary,

Dogs are human beings' oldest friends. Snowy is our first dog, but we found that she is irresistablly cute. She worry about us more than we worry about her.

Thank you for your comment.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Marketing Unscrambled, Home edition said...

Shaw, that is a great post. Thank you for putting the 10 things in English for the rest of us. so beautiful. Thank you for sharing this with us. Snowy is a beautiful dog. Enjoy every minute. They are like children, you blink and they are all grown up and out on their own. Enjoy the puppy stage even if it is hard sometimes.
Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

Unknown said...

Dear Dan and Deanna,

I am glad you enjoyed this post. I started to learn the meaning of 10 promises by growing my Snowy.

Thank you for your comment.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Peter Baca said...

Hello Shaw,

Your points we well taken regarding dogs! They are very loving and warm animals to their pack.

The movie was a nice touch! Thank you for the post!

Pete Baca
The Car Enthusiast Online

Unknown said...

Hi Peter,

Snowy is our first dog. So we have a lots of problems mistakes, but the bottom line she is so cute! I will continue to post her growth.

Thank you for your comment.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link