Monday, April 6, 2009

Our New Family Member

Since my wife and I do not have any child, it has been long thought if we should have a dog. We have almost had a dog before, we always decided not to for variety of reasons. There are reasons such as I was assigned in Japan for an employment and I was not sure when I will be able to come back to US. We started our own business and we are not sure how successful it could be, etc...

My wife and I both love animals. We love any animal from ants to elephant. So there have been always good reasons to have a pet. We both agreed that if we had a pet, we would have a dog. My wife wanted white dog badly. There are so many different kind of white dogs out there, but I recommended "Japanese Spitz". Quite recently, I have not had a chance to come across Japanese Spitz in Japan. Spitz were idealistic pet dog for Japanese people for long time. When I was an elementary school student, there were 3 neighbours who kept Spitz. Spitz have long pure white long hair and cute like an angel. I had a feeling that they were noisy, but the training for a dog is not usual that time.

This time, moving in a first house for us in US, we diligently looked for our dream white dog. I did not find Japanese Spitz for long time, but I finally could find it in a website. And today, the poppy came to our house. She was jumpy first, and she run behind her crate whenever she heard some noise, such as car went by, airplane landing, someone screaming in TV, etc...

But how soon young dog can adopt herself to new environment. She was walking around in our house after we showed him all the corner of our house with not yet so strong legs, played with us with my rubber balls, hide behind her crate, and extended her neck so that she could see what we were doing. So cute. So adorable. We SKYPEd our parents in China and Japan. Everybody loved her. We name her Xue Er meaning Snow in Chinese.

Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/main
http://vur.me/shawfunami/SF
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi


Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Peter Baca said...

Hello Shaw,

Congratulations on your new addition to the family! We have always had dogs in our family.

They are such loving animals! Very interesting post on your journey!

Best Regards

Pete Baca
The Car Enthusiast Online

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shaw .. congratulations on your new additon .. she looks so sweet - and I'm so glad we know her name "Snow" .. lovely .. good name for California!

Enjoy your new family member .. and isn't it great that you can show your family in China and Japan via Skype .. amazing ..

All the best for your first few days ..
Hilary Melton-Butcher
Positive Letters

Giovanna Garcia said...

Hi Shaw

How cute :-)She look so sweet, I wish I can play with her. Happy fun.
Thanks for sharing.
Giovanna Garcia
Imperfect Action is better than No Action

Unknown said...

Hi Pete,

Thank you for your comment. It is glad to know that your family always had dogs. "Xue Er" is our first dog. My wife and I were saying we should have had earlier. So lovely, so cute.

Thanks again,
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Dear Hilary,

Thank you for your comment. "Snow" is very good name for a Californian dog. I agree. It is not easy to train a puppy, but it is lots of fun. Come see her again.

Best wishes
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Dear Giovanna,

Thank you for your comment. She is very cute. I have heard that dog is human's best friend. But now we understood how they mean. We are having a lot of fun with her.

Thanks again,
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link