Wednesday, April 1, 2009

San Francisco 49 miles Scenic Drive -7

Continue taking Leavenworth Street toward north. When you reached the top of the hill, you start to see San Francisco Bay and Alcatraz Island. Fisherman's Wharf is close from here. I posted several articles on Fisherman's Wharf including "Crab Lunch". I have never seen this place without sightseers. No matter which day of the week I come to Fisherman's Wharf, this place is crowded by the people. When I come to this place, I can always come across something interesting, something funny, something new, etc... So, I cannot visit this place without bringing digital camera. This day, I saw sightseeing car (cart?) going on Jefferson (above left).

Keep going west passing Fisherman's Wharf, you will pass Fort Mason and reach to Entrance of Presidio. Fort Mason was the half city and half park whereas Beijing Olympic Torch runner was running instead of scheduled and announced road, due to protesting movement. Presidio Park is Navy Base historically, like the movie. What I like about Presideo Park is it is like forest and old but big, nice looking houses. The other reason I like this area of Fort Mason and Presidio Park is the fact that I can enjoy very good view of Golden Gate Bridge. The picture right is one of the picture I took. Also the heading of this blog was Golden Gate Bridge taken from Presidio Park.

North center part of Presideo Park has walking and bicycle access to the Golden Gate Park. I have never tried to walk across Golden Gate Bridge. But I would love to try some day. The last picture in the post below left is the toll gates of Golden Gate Bridge, which can be seen from Presidio Park.

Related posts:
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/03/san-francisco-49-miles-scenic-drive-6.html
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/03/san-francisco-49-miles-scenic-drive-5.html
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/03/san-francisco-49-miles-scenic-drive-4.html
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/03
/san-francisco-49-miles-scenic-drive-3.html
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/03/san-francisco-49-miles-scenic-drive-2.html
http://zheninternational.blogspot.com/2009/03/san-francisco-49-miles-scenic-drive-1.html



Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/main
http://vur.me/shawfunami/SF
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi



Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Stumble Upon Toolbar

6 comments:

Peter Baca said...

Shaw,

Your post brings back so many good memories of San Franciso! Fishermans Wharf is always packed, but the seafood is great! We did a San Francisco bay dinner cruise that was fun! The Prescideo is so historic!

Thanks for your post! I look forward to the next one!

Best Regards

Pete Baca
The Car Enthusiast Online

Giovanna Garcia said...

The last time I was in San Francisco who was ten years ago. I had many Crab lunch. I came close to going to Alcatraz Island, but I didn't make it. I hope I will still have a chance to go check it out one day.
Thanks,
Giovanna Garcia
Imperfect Action is better than No Action

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shaw .. it is a long ride isn't it .. it has such wonderful places to visit. The Fisherman's Wharf seems a great place and they must do good business with their snacks & lunches etc.

Presidio Park sounds a lovely residential area for the rich! As the navy are based there .. the harbour must be large and deep.

I've walked half way acros the Humber Bridge here in the UK - the 5th longest single span bridge in the world .. at 1.4 miles .. I have to say I didn't enjoy the height, or the suspension effect just hanging ... or looking down!!

Thanks for the post - one day I'll get to San Francisco and see these wonderful places & taste the food!!

All the best
Hilary Melton-Butcher
Positive Letters

Unknown said...

Hilary,

Thank you for your continuing to read. It takes while to complete the entire route. I will start to post other topics as well. Do not worry. Please come visit San Francisco a you say. It is lovely place other than Golden Gate is pretty high and tall bridge.

Thanks again.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Giovanna,

Thank you for coming, thank you for your comment. Please come back to San Francisco, since it is very lovely place. I will write Alcatraz more in detail soon.

My wife and I love "Crab Lunch" as you do.

Thanks again.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Peter,

Thank you for your coming and than you for your comment. Please plan to come back to San Francisco. It is good place to visit all the time. Almost everything is enjoyable, views, histories, and food.

Thank you again.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link