Monday, April 13, 2009

Trip to Death Valley -1

Although I travelled all over the world before settling down in San Francisco, there are several impressive sights I do not forget. China, Beijing, An-Shan trip in my previous article is one of them. When I visited to Milan, Italy, the South Alps seen from northern Milan was also something. South Alps stood like huge wall in front of me, forming big shades. It was breath taking.

In the US, too, there are many places I have visited and impressed. New York City is on the top of my list. Despite the fact that I was born and grown up in Tokyo, it was different from Tokyo. It was different from any other cities I visited.

Japan is a country with abundant water. Japanese never worry about water since it is there whenever they need it. As a Japanese, it was quite an impression to see and stand in desert. Death Valley is one of the places I do not forget, among I visited in the US.

2004 was the year for my wife and me to change and started working ourselves. It was busy year reforming our company, working our tails off. It was November of that year, we wanted to visit some place and relax a little bit to reflect our year. We took a tour to Death Valley. I was quite impressed by the views and sights we visited. I took a lot of pictures and wrote an article in Japanese. I am glad that I can share most of the pictures and articles since they were released from the site I wrote that article.

Since I knew California to be only with beautiful beaches along Pacific Ocean coast side from San Francisco to Los Angeles, to San Diego, I was quite surprised that scenery in front of my eyes change from Green to Brown, from Brown to almost Gray as highway took us. The picture left above was the one taken in Rest Area and I was already shocked by the desert impression. I did not know California has this much of desert.

Check my websites to find out what I am doing:
http://vur.me/shawfunami/main
http://vur.me/shawfunami/SF
http://vur.me/shawfunami/zi


Feel free to contact me:
shaw@zhenintl.ws
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Stumble Upon Toolbar

4 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Shaw .. like you I've always wanted to visit Death Valley - it sounds so awesome .. and your pictures are great showing us the 'lack of life' .. & yet I expect there are some creatures that will survive.

Thank you and it's interesting to hear that Japan has so much water.

Another perspective on the world - thank you ..

Hilary Melton-Butcher
Positive Letters

Peter Baca said...

Hello Shaw,

Very interesting observations of Death Valley! Most people are aware of Death Valley but most have not been there.

It is hot and dry! It must have been very difficult going thru that area prior to automobiles.

I appreciate your view and impressions!

Best Regards

Pete Baca
The Car Enthusiast Online

Unknown said...

Dear Hilary,

It really look "dead" place. There are some insects and mice living there, but even they do not look like usual one. I have never seen them in this trip.

Thank you for your comment.
Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link

Unknown said...

Hi Pete,

Visiting there I could fully understand why this place was named "Death" Valley. It is simply dead.

Thank you for your comment.

Shaw Funami
Fill the Missing Link