There are again 3 elements make your fact finding process difficult.
- Difficulty to think OUTSIDE of your PRESUMPTION
- Difficulty to view what is behind the VISIBLE SURFACE
- Difficulty not to be EMOTIONAL in evaluation problem
|"Fill the Missing Link" consists of following 3 steps.|
1) Find what is missing
2) Find the piece that can fill the missing,
3) Fill the missing using found piece.
It is simple but not easy.
Second is not so difficult to imagine. Titanic sank hitting the iceberg inside of sea not the surface. But, people are created to be drawn attention to visible phenomena. Sometimes, we need to take time to analyze what will be behind the visible scene.
If the system which is not working today was the one which once brought you a success, it is not easy to replace the system. People are emotionally attached to the system. This can be an obstacle to find the real problem.